1. Do I need to place a linen order in advance of arriving?
Yes. Orders should be submitted at least 1 week prior to arrival to guarantee availability. Orders placed within 1 week of arrival are subject to availability. We suggest that you place your order online with Cottage Linens when you confirm your cottage rental.
2. Our vacation is going to last two or more weeks, will you deliver fresh linens every week?
Yes. Simply place the used linens in the laundry bag provided and leave them outside the door of your cottage for pick up on Saturday by 10:00 a.m. We will deliver fresh linens to you for the same week 1 pricing; there is no charge for Saturday delivery. If you do not require a weekly linen change and choose to keep the same linens, you receive a 20% discount on each additional week after week 1.
3. What is the best way to place an order?
We have made it easy for you to place your order. We recommend you place your order on our convenient and secure online ordering page.
Order Online at www.cottagelinens.com
4. Is it safe to provide my credit card information online?
Yes. Cottage Linens utilizes SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology to ensure that your credit card and personal information is protected. As you move through our secure online ordering system, you can be assured of data security when you see https in the URL and the secure lock icon at the bottom right of your browser frame.
5. What if I need to cancel a linen rental order?
You may cancel your linen rental order up to 1 week in advance and receive a full refund. However, for cancellations received within 1 week of your scheduled arrival, there is a $25.00 restocking fee.
6. Can I request a specific day and time for delivery?
We will do our best to accommodate a specific day and time. Cottage Linens offers complimentary delivery to the door of your rental cottage by 5:00 pm on Saturdays. Deliveries and Pickups on days other than Saturday are subject to a $25.00 special delivery charge. Please phone us at 207.967.4531 to request a specific date and/or time.
7. Do you charge for delivery?
Cottage Linens offers complimentary Saturday delivery and pick up at the door of your rental cottage. Deliveries and Pickups on days other than Saturday are subject to a $25.00 special delivery fee. See our delivery page for more details.
8. Am I responsible for lost or damaged items?
Yes. Any linen not returned or damaged there is a fee that will be assessed to you as per the "Fee for lost or damaged items" schedule on the order form.
9. The cottage I am renting has a washer and dryer. May I keep the linens for additional weeks and launder them myself?
Yes. You may use the same linens for additional weeks at a reduced rental fee. We offer a 20% discount off the regular weekly rental fee for each additional week you keep the same linens.
10. Do I need to wash the linens before I leave them outside the cottage for pickup?
No. That is not necessary. Laundering is included in the cost of the linen rental. Simply gather everything together, check to be sure that all items are accounted for, place the used linen in the laundry bag provided, and leave them outside the front door of your rental cottage on Saturday morning by 10:00 a.m. for pick up.
11. If requested, will Cottage Linens make the beds before we arrive?
No. We do not have keys to the rental cottages, which is why your linen order will be left outside of the rental cottage. Linens must also be placed in the laundry bag provided and placed outside the cottage on Saturday morning by 10:00 a.m. for pick-up.
12. What can I expect for quality and cleanliness of the linens provided?
Cottage Linens provides quality thread count sheet sets and fluffy towel sets. Our linens are commercially laundered and sanitized to meet all health department standards.